Saturday, December 29, 2007

eNom.com disabled my domain service prematurely

This is aggravating. HongandJian.com has been registered with eNom.com for almost a year. Now, I requested a transfer of the registration service from eNom.com to MyDomain.com. The transfer was successful, however, the new domain registration service won't start until Jan 6, 2008.

Meanwhile, I just found out that eNom.com disabled HongandJian.com domain service. This is a total surprise to me as I paid them for a whole year! They should really disable the service on Jan 6, 2008.

I recommend people not using eNom.com as it is such as bad move they did this. Just because I moved out of their service doesn't mean that they should be mean to me!

I feel I need to write this blog post so as to warn people of the bad practice of eNom.com.

A very disappointed customer of eNom.com

1 comment:

Daniel said...

When you say eNom disabled your "domain service" do you mean your web hosting service? Domains are transferred to the new registrar based on when you initiate the transfer, not when your name expires. As for the hosting service, you need only go to MyDomain and point your DNS servers to eNom and your site will be there. Don't be so quick to condemn a company if you don't know how the process works.